Wednesday, October 03, 2012
The last 6 months have been crazy. Liquidlogic and our brotha brand Native Watercraft have moved our entire manufacturing facility and offices from Greensboro to Fletcher NC, near the Green River. Its kind of like moving from one house to another except the moving truck is a tractor trailer and instead of one truck it took us 50 tractor trailer loads to get everything in the building. I have had the pleasure of designing new offices, helping design the manufacturing floor plan, helping train new staff, integrating new manufacturing plans, and I am definitely getting pretty good on a fork lift. All that has been on top of the normal stuff so to say the least its been a fun busy time. A different sort of Class 5 which has made it difficult for me to take off and run much other than our home run the Green.
However... the other day it rained cats and dogs. It rained enough that I knew things would be super high in the morning but that they might start dropping in during the afternoon. I had convinced myself I would be fine just going to work and not worrying about it but as the day wore on my leg started that twitch thing. The boatingbeta flows page was on constant refresh and Overflow was looking like it would drop in perfectly, if I left right then. Fortunately Yonton was ready and on call for a paddling adventure. We loaded up my van with boats, gear, and the motorcycle for the shuttle and we were off.
10 things to know about Overflow
1. The shuttle road is longer and a little rougher than you think.
2. The mud on the put in trail is slicker than snot.
3. The right eddie in Hemlock is a bitch to get out of while you wrestle rhodos.
4. There is a new tree after 7 Car Pile Up. Watch the video.
5. The left hump boof at Round About is awesome.
6. Gravity is much harder at lower water. Fortunately we had a sweet level of 1.3579341
7. If you haven't been on Overflow there is an initiation. If you have its your job to initiate.
8. The Twilight mini gorge is one of the coolest sections of whitewater you'll ever run.
9. The Great Marginal Monster is an awesome iconic rapid. Go left on the drop below it.
10. The motorcycle shuttle is awesome!
It was a perfect fall evening, enjoy the video.
Sometimes you forget how good a river is...Overflow from Shaneslogic on Vimeo.