Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Liquidlogic's New Foot Foam

Here is the new foot foam set up that will be coming in all the boats that don't have a bulk head.

The foot foam blocks will come in a bag in your boat and the "Cone of Comfort" will come in place in the bow of your boat.
What I like to do is jump in the boat with only the front foam piece in place in the foot cone. Then I add foam pieces as I need them. Obviously someone shorter might start with a couple of the extra pieces in place.

Once I have the number of foam shims I need to make a good tight fit I like to glue them all together. That makes them much more solid and helps keep them in the boat. The other thing that I do is custom shape the foam so that it fits exactly the way I want it to. A lot of people like to trim out a place for their big toe. Anyway you get the idea.

When you put it all back in the boat I like to put the bow wall on top of the front edge of the cone of comfort. That helps keep it in place and makes getting in the boat smooth.

Here is the link to the video.
How to Use the Foot Foam Video, Click This!
Hope this helps
Shane

Shaneslogic Comments